I often get questions such as “What are normal legal fees for a criminal case?”, “What does it cost to get divorced?”, etc.
- All fee agreements are made in writing.
- Some matters can be handled on a flat fee basis. A certain amount is required in advance.
- Criminal cases are typically handled on a flat-fee basis for specific services rendered.
- Civil cases such as contract disputes, family law issues paid in advance and estate controversies are typically handled with an hourly rate and a retainer posted by the client covering a projected number of hours of legal services.
- Personal injury and collection of arrearage (for example, owing alimony/past-due alimony) may be handled on a contingent fee basis.
- I do not charge for the first half hour of an office consultation.